Dogs and travel don’t always mix. This is especially true for those flight-phobic pooches who get really scared on the plane or in a car, and make it very difficult for their owners to enjoy the trip as well. Here are some things you can do to help your pup stay calm during trips:
- Try to take them with you when possible (if they’re small enough). Dogs feel more comfortable in an environment they’re familiar with, so going on a couple of shorter drives before a longer one will be helpful.
- Make sure that your dog gets plenty of exercise before the trip. If they have pent up energy from being cooped up all day, then having fun at the park or beach before the trip will help them relax.
If your dog is still having trouble during the trip, there are a few things you can do to make them more comfortable:
- Make sure they have their own seat and plenty of space to move around in.
- Bring along some of their favorite toys or treats to keep them calm.
- Talk to your vet about giving them a mild sedative before the trip, if necessary.
Hopefully these tips will help make your next trip with Fido a little less stressful!
Will always love traveling at Amsterdam after falling in love with its place and culture. With that, he sees to it to share that with others and guide people by giving out tips and information that will make things easier and enjoyable for people who will travel to Amsterdam.